top of page

How To Keep Using Your Old VIC Red Card?

Updated: Jan 18

The old Victorian Red Card was issued before 1 July 2008. It is an old version of the construction induction White Card, which allows you to work in the construction industry. Similar to the new White Card, the Victorian OHS Red Card is evidence that the person has the basic occupational health and safety knowledge to work in the construction industry.

Many people are unsure if the Red Card is still valid. Some people are concerned that it will cost too much time and effort to get it replaced with a new White Card.

You can still use your Red Card to work in the construction industry in Victoria, but not any other state in Australia.

There is a simple way to get your old Red Card upgraded to a new WorkSafe Victoria White Card, which is nationally accredited. It means that you can use the new white card in any state in Australia.

How to replace your Red Card with a new WorkSafe Victoria White Card?

If you are holding a Victorian Red Card, you can transfer it to a new White Card directly with the following conditions:

  1. you have a valid official Photo ID,

  2. your name and Red Card number are readable on your existing Red Card.

  3. you didn't leave the construction industry for more than 2 consecutive years.

If you meet the above criteria, you may apply for a direct Red Card to White Card transfer from Origin Institute. Once the transfer is approved, we will submit your application to WorkSafe Victoria, who will issue a new White Card to you.

Origin Institute offers a simple Red Card to White Card transfer service. You only need to complete our online application form, which may only take 5 minutes, then we will do the rest for you. There is no physical appointment required!

What if I have lost my red card?

Victorian red cards may be not retrievable. If you can't find it, it means you may need to complete a new construction induction white card training.

153 views0 comments

Recent Posts

See All


bottom of page