top of page

Best Tips for White Card: Apply for Construction Induction Card

Why you need a construction induction card (White Card):

You will need a general construction induction card, commonly called a white card, if any of the following apply:

  • you are employed to carry out work on a construction site,

  • you enter operational construction zones unaccompanied or not directly supervised by an inducted person or due to the demands of your employment, and/or

  • you've had a white card but haven't worked in the construction industry for more than 2 years.

Note: A construction induction card (white card) is issued by the WorkSafe authority in each state. In Victoria and some other states, construction induction training (white card training) must be done in face-to-face classes with paper-based assessments.

Eligibility of getting a construction induction card (White Card):

How to apply a construction induction card (White Card):

  1. Book your white card course in a suitable location. Origin Institute has more than 25 class locations in Victoria.

  2. Complete the required training with Origin Institute.

  3. Receive a Statement of Attainment (SOA), which is your interim white card for up to 60 days, on the same day of training completion.

  4. Receive a plastic white card from the WorkSafe authority in 2-3 weeks.

What you need for attending the construction induction course (White Card Course):

You will need to bring the following items to your class:

  1. valid official photo ID (original copy).

  2. pen.

What if you lose or don't receive the white card after the training:

Call the WorkSafe Authority in your state to get a replacement card.

  • WorkSafe Victoria - 1800 136 089

  • SafeWork NSW - 13 10 50

  • WorkSafe QLD - 1300 362 128

  • SafeWork SA - 1300 365 255

  • NT WorkSafe - 1800 019 115

  • Department of Energy, Mines, Industry Regulation and Safety (SA) - 1300 307 877

  • WorkSafe Tasmania - 1300 366 322

Construction Induction Card

Recent Posts

See All


bottom of page